stupid moon

HA!

I am 
officially 
announcing
 that 
I am never ever ever again going to attempt a moon shot
  I might 
out of frustration 
moon
 the sky 
but 
shooting the moon
 with a camera
is 
not 
happening

  Sour grapes?

 Yes  

I was psyched
 Toonman was going with me
  I was going to wait til 11:25
 walk to West End at 79th
 at the top of the hill
 with all 
of the
 Hudson River 
New Jersey 
spread out before me 
 I was going to get
 the 
penultimate
 shot 
of the 
Super Moon
 huge 
glowing
casting light 
on the 
river 

Saturday 
had been a busy day
 I had errands 
I had beautification
 I considered a nap
 because
 11:30 is well past when my eyes decide to shut
 but 
I didnt nap 
I knew
I could stay awake 
Toonman would help
I would stay awake
  we watched lots
 of what we call
 catch up TV 
3 or 4 of the programs 
we record to watch without commercials at an hour when I can still keep both eyes open 
did I mention I fall asleep around 9:30?  
Yup  

Well at 10:30
 stiffling yawns 
and 
considering my options 
I said 
lets go up on the roof
see what we can see
 that way 
if we cant see the moon
I can go to sleep

 lets face it 
every other time 
there's been a major moon shot
 the skies here have been
 dark 
cloudy 
lacking stars
or 
moon
so
 up 
we
 went
 even before we walked the circumference of the rooftop
 it was obvious
 there 
was
 no 
moon
 the sky was starless
 it was 
black
 even 
the clouds 
looked 
black
 off to the south 
(I know it was south, Lauren, because Toonman said it was)
 there seemed
 to be
 a
 lighter area
 to the clouds 
as if behind it 
was
 hiding this immense moon
 closer to the earth
 than it will be again for many years 
brighter than its been before
 a 
super 
moon

 but 
if thats where
 the sucker was hiding
 it stayed hid

we went back downstairs
 I went to bed 
but
 not
 before
 proclaiming
 Moon wins 
I give up 
I am never going to try this again


no, I didnt take this shot I stole it